Thursday, July 14, 2016

Say What? Part II

Just some more funny stuff the students have said or done recently.

Teacher are you FBing your boyfriend?
Why do you think I have a boyfriend?
Teacher you beautiful so you have a boyfriend

Teacher - baby? as she points to my belly
Last time I wear that dress...

I have one boy that I am 99% sure hates me. He also thinks he's way too cool. The lesson was on laughter and one of the questions was do you like to laugh. While all the other kids were answering Yes! he was sitting there stone faced. I went over and said you don't like to laugh do you? he just kind of stared at me. I kept pushing and saying I can tell you don't like to laugh. all the sudden he lets out the biggest most obnoxious fake laugh I've ever heard. I can't even help it and start cracking up and the rest of the class does too. And he went back to his too cool stone face look the rest of class!

One boy dropped the F bomb two days in a row. I knew he was just pushing the boundaries. The first day I just addressed it right when it happened and said you will not use that word in my class again. The second day I stopped and said we will talk after class. He's autistic and has had freak outs in other classes before. After class I was trying to  get him to walk outside w me and he was just ignoring. The kids were saying be careful teacher he's gonna freak out. I backed off and one of the other boys started talking to him calmly in Thai. Finally the cusser said I will not say that bad word in your class anymore. It was wrong of me. 
I had them again the next day, and was hoping he would be true to his word. And he was! But I had to tell the boy next to him to stop talking and do his work. And without missing a beat, head down still working on his assignment, the cusser said "werk werk werk" in a perfect Rhianna voice. I had to turn around and not let him see me laughing so hard!! 
The question was write a paragraph.  During the test, I could see the student using his ruler, but could not figure what he would be using it for.  He was graphing his reasons why he wouldn't be a farmer.  Graph...paragraph.  same same.  And his reasons are very valid!

The last answer...He's really not wrong.

Every morning we have a morning assembly.  It starts off with the national anthem and right after the national anthem is a Buddhist prayer. A group of boys were being rowdy during the anthem. Right as the prayer was starting one of the Thai teacher went up to the group of boys and starting hitting them on the head...really living by that Buddhist philosophy there.

My mom sent over Jolly Ranchers in the last care package.  I went and separated out the watermelon and apple because they are the best flavors.  I took the cherry, grape and blueberry to school.  I only had two of my classes and decided to let them try them.  Both classes asked where I got them at.  I told them that my mom sent them over from America.  They were going crazy about having candy from America.  One girl even said I'm saving this wrapper.  Note to anyone coming to Thailand to teach...bring Jolly Ranchers and you'll be golden.

A few of the M1 girls have been asking a ton of questions about prom and homecoming dances.  They don't have anything like that here.  After a few different days of questions, I finally pulled up some prom and homecoming pics I had on Facebook to show them.  Their comments were making me laugh!  


No comments:

Post a Comment